Saturday, February 19, 2011

The City of Cyclists


Finally I am writing my really first blog that I was looking so much forward to! Let me first of all introduce myself. I live in Copenhegn that is capital city of little Scandinavian country – Denmark. However I was born in St.-Petersburg (Russia) and relocated to Denmark when I was young together with my parents. Today I am a lucky exchange student at Pacific Lutheran University of Tacoma where I take my last semester at school of Business. My major and biggest interest t is marketing and I will therefore focus on the different innovative AD approaches that I’ve encountered through recent time.
Since I am from Europe my blog will primarily refer to European and of course also Danish methods of untraditional advertisement. Actually I can compare Denmark to PLU – a small, cozy and sustainable community of people that cares about environment and creates different ways to protect it. Copenhagen is the first city in the world where we have the highest amount of bicycles pr inhabitant and was nominated to “the City of Cyclists”. Danes prefer to take a bicycle to their job or educational institution rather than use a car that pollutes environment. Moreover Danes encouraging all Copenhagen’s visitors to apply the same method of transportation and therefore offering free city bicycles for all that are interested to try it!

 If one day you are will travel to Denmark, I will advice to take that advantage and simply use our city bike that is synonymous with Copenhagen. In fact, the official gift from The City of Copenhagen to American president Bill Clinton, when he visited Copenhagen in 1997, was a specially designed city bike called "City Bike One"! The bicycles are free and completely safely to use due to the fact that there are bicycle tracks along the main roads everywhere in Copenhagen and actually all cities and town in Denmark.

Lots of people associate Copenhagen with its city bicycles and that is a reason why different companies have chosen to put their advertisements on bicycles wheels or on the map of Copenhagen that placed in front of the user.  People will always remember that adventure and in most situations their subconsciousness will remember advertisement that was placed in the used bicycle.
I am very proud of my sustainable city and hope that you will one day experience Copenhagen as well! I hope that you liked my blog and ooking forward to write about other new and different advertisements that were recently initiated. I think it will probably be a Danish one again, but am and not sure yet :)


www.bycyklen.dk/english/thecitybikeandcopenhagen.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment